1. On Monday I baked a German chocolate cake for Andrew for his birthday. It's his favorite cake and so he requests it every year.
2. Yesterday, I spent the majority of the day running errands preparing for school. It was absolutely exhausting, but the good news is that I spent way less money this year than I have the last few years. It's always nice to know you're not spending too much money out of pocket for school supplies, but I'll have to reassess what I have once I actually make it to school today.
3. I haven't had as much time to work on design this past week which makes me rather sad. I suppose it's the reality of the school year. I think I'd like to set the goal of setting aside time each night to do something crafty once the school year is under way.
4. I spent quite some time in Australia during college. I get super excited about teaching anything about Australia and I'll get to do a unit on Australia again this year now that I'm teaching Social Studies again. So imagine my excitement when I found a resource book in the Social Studies section that was dedicated solely to Australia. Woohoo!!
5. I was at Marshalls and TJ Maxx yesterday and found huge stashes of designer paper for cards. Woohoo for $6 paper stacks! I found one that is perfect for fall-- I don't think there is one design that I don't like, which is rare!
6. One of my biggest complaints while shopping for classroom decorating decor yesterday was the nothing is stylish. Everything is really cheesy and perfect for little kids. However, you can't find anything that is age appropriate for 7th and 8th graders. I started to think that I could make a killing designing borders and letters and such for bulletin boards that were super contemporary and fashion forward.
7. I've taken the dive. I made a Facebook page for my editing services which you can find here. It is really bare bones right now, but it's something to start with. The friend I am currently editing for has pushed me to do this so she can post my page to her own book page. I may be crazy, but it is all part of my big plan for the coming years.
8. We've ordered pavers! Yup! Finally! They should be here in a few weeks so maybe we'll get to enjoy a finished backyard before the weather is too cold after all!
9. Speaking of things we ordered, we're still waiting on these fabulous dining room chairs to arrive.