menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Monday, November 14, 2011

Holiday Gift Tags

One thing that I love about the upcoming holiday is wrapping gifts. A lot of people hate this task, but I always have enjoyed it. There is something super fun about making sure that each package is wrapped with nice sharp creases and that the end product looks like perfection. Maybe it is the inner nerd in me, but I just love it!

Growing up, gift wrapping was one of those things that also meant time spent with my parents. I would spend an evening wrapping gifts with either my mom or dad, while the other was out running last minute shopping errands with my sister. My dad seemed to have the knack of folding the perfect corners with wrapping paper, while my mom always used the wrapping paper itself to decorate the package, folding small lines across the front of the package.

One thing that we never had for our packages were gift tags. My mom would write names on the gifts with a pen, while my dad had an elephant's memory and remembered which package was meant for whom. This seemed to be a good system for my dad until one year, upon giving my mom and I a gift at the same time, we were disappointed when she opened a gift containing a stuffed animal and I opened one containing a sweater clearly meant for my mom. After a good laugh, we thought it may be time for a new system. From there on out we made our own gift tags, usually from leftover scraps of wrapping paper-- nothing fancy whatsoever.

So as I thought about something I would want for this holiday season to make things a bit easier, I decided gift tags would be just the thing. And as an added bonus, I figured that I would share them with you. Just click here and feel free to download them for your own personal use.






Simply cut out the tags, punch a hole on them and add your choice of ribbon or twine. And for a bit more fun, this blog post is part of the Etsy Greetings Holiday Blog Hop. So while you're at it, stop by other blogs of the Etsy Greetings Team to check out more printables and holiday traditions. Just click on the blog hop arrows below to make your way through the hop.





16 comments:

  1. Your tags are beautiful and you're kind to share them with us! Now I know what kind of wrapping paper to look for.....

    Cheers from FarFlungCards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a lot of my own gift tags too. I love your striped tags. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! My Mom never used tags either. I always though the ball-point pen was weird, but that's what she did. Haha - Dad didn't question it.

    Now, my father-in-law hands out the gifts and always forgets his reading glasses. Even though tags are present, he still gets it wrong. It's funny (and a family tradition, I guess!).

    Thanks for the great tags!

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a funny story. Thanks for sharing your gift tags, they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous, thank you!! our family always just wrote the names with wrapping paper scraps as well... i don't think they'll ever change that!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tags! What a fun idea. When I was growing up, my dad would always just write straight on the wrapping paper with a sharpie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are fantastic gift tags! I love the modern shapes and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tags. What a wonderful idea and thank you for sharing your tag patterns with us. That is a special gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tags. Thanks for sharing them and your story with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are great!!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty tags! Great for emergency wrapping this season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely tags! I'm like you - I also love to wrap presents! However it sounds like your presents would look much nicer than mine, I don't quite have the patience for perfect folds. I do love coming up with a wrapping 'theme' each year though, I get such a kick out of seeing a pile of co-ordinated wrapped presents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your story! Put a smile when I tried to imagine how everyone of you looked like when there was the mishap :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...