I'm having a little fun for Friday and thought I'd look back again on a really important aspect of every year-- music, obviously. As the year came to an end, Pitchfork put out their Top 100 Tracks of 2013. To me, their lists are always ridiculously overly pretentious or predictable. I mean, how many of you know most of the bands on that lists, and three tracks for both Daft Punk and Kanye? Really? Really?
After an in depth conversation with my sister about how ridiculous Pitchfork's music preferences are, I decided to take a stab at my own version. However, to spare you the most ridiculous blog post of all time, I decided to stick with my top 10 tracks for 2013 (read-- top ten tracks I probably listened to the most in 2013). So here they are. I give you Heidi's Top 10 Tracks of 2013.
10. Wild Things - San Cisco
9. Railway - Boy
8. Heavy Bells - J. Roddy Walston & The Business
7. You Can Be All Kinds of Emotional - The Lone Bellow
6. Morning Song - The Avett Brothers
5. Farrah Fawcett Hair - Capital Cities
4. Departures (Blue Toowong Skies) - Bernard Fanning
3. Hope - Kopecky Family Band
2. Made Up Mind - Tedeschi Trucks Band
1. Just Beneath the Surface - Dawes
What are some of your favorite songs from the past year?