menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Some Fun with Markers

When I was a kid I first got into art in the form of drawing. I loved drawing and still do. Many times my sister and I would receive brand new sketch books, colored pencils, markers, or something of the like from our parents for Christmas. This year was no different. When I opened a Christmas package my parents had sent me, my mom had picked out a fabulous set of markers with almost every color I'd possibly want. The markers were perfect timing to add to a set of Sharpies that I had recently purchased in attempt to try something new.

I'm not really one to stick with the same design style all of the time. In time that I have started my business, I've offered paper cut cards, digital designs of all sorts, combinations of digital design and paper cut, and digitally hand drawn images through my tablet. What I really wanted to offer were my own drawings as they are. So I've been working on some new Valentine's Day cards that will be made from my own free hand drawings with marker.

Here's a glimpse of the process so far.





I started with a small piece of drawing paper and began my design. As you can see, the last three are the finished master drawings. What do you think so far? I'll be posting the final cards once the rest of the process is finished!

7 comments:

  1. Cute drawings, and a great gift of markers!

    Lynette - Sweet Posy Dreams
    Etsy Blog Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the hearts on the last card. the first card reminds me of the arizona state flag :) so ill assume you were inspired by me lol

    happy new year!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are sooo cute! I have those sharpies but my drawings definitely don't look as good! -Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute!! Makes me want to go break out my markers and start doodling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, these are adorable! they would look so cute framed and hung together on a wall :)

    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last one is my favorite, but all of them are cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the beaming love in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...