menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Copper and Gold Foil Stationery

After introducing gold foil pressed cards into my shop several months ago, the creative wheels began to turn as I thought of all the beautiful foiled stationery that I could create. While the hot foil press seemed to be an easy shoo-in for foil stationery, it came with many limitations that began to irritate me. I could only press paper with letter type that was sized small enough for my press, and I couldn't really use my own designs.

With these limitations in mind, I began looking into the process of foil embossing and printing without the use of the hot foil press. I spent many hours completing test runs, and finally felt confident with the results. I have since debuted two new designs in my shop-- a beautifully simple stationery set printed in copper paired with aqua envelopes, and a gold foiled hello card sweetly paired with light pink.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/189344610/copper-foil-arrow-stationery?ref=shop_home_active_11
https://www.etsy.com/listing/189347281/hello-gold-foil-card-card-for-a-friend?ref=shop_home_active_12
I'm thrilled with how my original visions for these designs have come to life on paper, and look forward to adding more foiled paper products in the near future.

Do you like the foil look? Do you prefer foil on stationery or art prints?

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are getting into this! I've been looking at wedding invitations and found some with gold foil so I know they are getting really popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the foil on stationary. Love this! Good call.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...