menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Monday, May 19, 2014

New Father's Day Cards

With Father's Day around the corner on June 15th, I thought I'd share the new Father's Day cards that I've added to the shop this year. I feel as though I'm finally happy with the cohesive nature of my shop with the addition of some of my latest work. Again I've opted for bold colors and simple designs that provide something both recognizable and relative for most of us.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/188745385/funny-fathers-day-card-fathers-day-card?ref=related-6
https://www.etsy.com/listing/186949121/fathers-day-card-fathers-day-card?ref=related-7
https://www.etsy.com/listing/188749099/fathers-day-card-fathers-day-card-card?ref=related-5
https://www.etsy.com/listing/188743631/fathers-day-card-fathers-day-card-card?ref=shop_home_feat_4
While Father's Day tends to be a less card heavy holiday than Mother's Day, I still feel that it's important to recognize the dads in our lives. When I was growing up, my dad was the stay at home parent for quite some time, so I have many fond memories as a child in a different way than many people may have had, and for that I am incredibly thankful. While I didn't crash the family car and I rarely text my dad, one thing that I do enjoy doing with him when I visit home is sitting and chatting over a good cup of coffee at my mom's bakery.

What are your favorite things to do with your dad? Did any of you have a stay at home dad?

2 comments:

  1. These look so great! I love the texting one! That would totally be something that my MOM needs, haha. :) I didn't actually spend a lot of time with my dad growing up (my parents divorced when I was one). However, we spent a lot of time at the bowling alley, and my affinity for bowling can be linked to my dad's interest in it! And, funnily enough, even though my dad and I are completely different people, we like to take photos, have both been employed in journalism, and love animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dawn! The texting one came about because of my friend's father. He constantly texts my friend and they are the most hilarious and random messages. She often forwards his texts to me just so we can get a good belly laugh. We joke a lot about how I should start a card line named after him that would somehow involve all of his crazy antics. So I've dubbed that one the first official card in the "Vinny Card Line." Haha!

    And you know, I think that we often carry similar interests as our parents even if we're not always around them. I've seen it happen often enough that despite differences or a varying presence of them in our lives, we often have a part of them despite it all. And that, to me, is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...