menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Story of My Life in 250 Words

This is probably supposed to be difficult. You know, writing about your life in 250 words. Mine's not so bad. My life hasn't been grand or fabulous. It hasn't always been easy-going either. But it has been a pretty awesome life.

I grew up in small-town Goshen, Indiana with my mom, dad, and sister. After years of the same school system, with the same people, and a city I didn't really like, I decided to apply to Syracuse University. If I got in, I'd attend. If I didn't, I'd work for a year and reassess. I got in.

I spent four years attending the university and one year living and working in a coffee shop in Syracuse. Four plus one is five. That last year? Andrew's fifth year of architecture school. I had met Andrew during our sophomore year. After he graduated, we found jobs. I entered a teacher residency program in Baltimore City-- what else was I supposed to do with an English major? I became a teacher and he got a job at a firm downtown. Two years later we got Lilah, our chocolate lab. Three years later, we bought a house. Three and half years later we got engaged. Four years later we got Finn, our orange tabby. And six years later? Well, that story will be soon to come....

And it will be amazing. I promise.

I know you all love teasers.

Now, was that my life story in 250 words? Yes, I think so. ;)



P.S. In case you wanted to know, this was Day 1 of Jenni's Blog Every Day in May.

7 comments:

  1. dude- i love this! it's nice getting to read through people's posts, isn't it?! and yahoo for you in baltimore- i'm still jealous (although, we ARE seeing them play the angels on FRIDAY! aaahhh i'm excited- except angel fans are jerks :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Great story. I used to live in Syracuse when I was little, so I'm a HUGE Orange fan...even though I went to Indiana. Seems like we may have flip-flopped lives!

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. You've really left us hanging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the story of your life! Did I know you were from Indiana? I don't know if I did... Luke is from Valparasio, Indiada - he never wants to go back, haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...