Greetings! I'm Paige from Little Nostalgia, filling in for Heidi while she's enjoying some R&R out west. Today I'm bringing you one of my favorite (read: easiest) new recipes for summer.
I'm a lazy cook. I'll readily admit that. I love to eat, and I've been watching the Food Network for years, but the actual cooking process still leaves me kind of cold. (I'd like the food to just magically appear before me, but that never seems to happen.) So when I do find myself faced with the task, I like to keep things as simple as possible.
Enter the Five Ingredient Summer Pasta Salad!
--8 oz. shell pasta (half a box)
--2 cans of tuna
--1 small to medium onion
--a few stems of parsley
The great thing about this recipe is that it's easy to double or triple if you're having a party. I only made this for the two people, so I kept the batch small.
What to do:
1. Cook the pasta. My only real cooking tip is to add a little salt to your water. Not only will it boil faster, but the pasta will taste better.
2. Drain the pasta and let it cool off for a while. Chop the onion and parsley if you haven't yet.
3. Mix together the pasta, tuna, onion, and parsley.
4. Add the Italian dressing (I did around 2 oz. but you can add more or less to taste) and stir again.
5. Let the salad chill in the fridge for a couple of hours. Then wolf it down.
See, easiest thing ever right? Now go on and make yourself some.
What's your favorite dish to have in the summer? Any other pasta salad recipes to share? Maybe you have another fun use for a plain ol' can of tuna?