menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Travel the World Wednesday: National Parks

Hello Row House readers! This is Rachel from rwkrafts and I am very excited to share a travel post with you all. Heidi is going on a very long road trip across the country to visit some of our nation’s most famous National Parks. Here are some beautiful photographs of my favorite places I had the opportunity to go to (usually hiking and camping style!) when I was younger…

So pack your bags, we’re going to the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone National Park!

It’s only natural that I start with the pride of my home state, Grand Canyon National Park.  Countless camping trips, with family or with high school friends, were spent at this fabulous spot.

 Photograph by George Stocking for Arizona Highways magazine

A favorite hiking spot in the canyon is the gorgeous Havasu Falls…

Photograph by Paul Gill for Arizona Highways magazine

Let’s continue the travel to a park I know Heidi is headed toward… Yellowstone!


 This is the Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone National Park. It is stunning to look at, but disgusting to smell! I hope Heidi has packed some little face masks, because the sulfur that makes these hot springs gorgeous also smells like the world’s largest rotten egg. It’s definitely an experience I will never ever forget!

I have no doubt Heidi will see a TON of these…

Photograph by Terry Donnelly for National Geographic

… a good amount of these…

Photograph by C. Judson

… and maybe one or two of these…

Photograph by Miller

I hope Heidi is enjoying her epic road trip, and I just know she will have some gorgeous photos to share with us when she returns.

Thanks for traveling with me today, and thanks to Heidi for having me along for the ride :)

-Rachel w k


2 comments:

  1. You brought back some great memories. My first backpacking trip, when I was 12, was the Grand Canyon and I worked one summer at the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone. I hope she has a chance to travel a smidge north and see Glacier too. It is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Thanks for posting. I hope you've made it on the road trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...