Over the past year, I've worked really hard to get where I am at this point with my Etsy shop. The ultimate goal, in time, is to be able to quit teaching. I've always been a creative minded person, and I get the most enjoyment out of doing creative projects. The current school year has been especially trying as it feels as though the cogs of a bureaucratic system are finally getting the best of me. So I began thinking of ways that I could make my new side business (as it is right now) become a full time business.
I've always been a list maker, so it made sense that I jot down my goals in one of my many notebooks.
Here is the list that I'd like to accomplish by the end of the new year.
1. Have 200 designs in my shop.
2. Double my sales for the year with 400 sales.
3. Complete my first craft show.
4. Design a website (Right now I'm thinking of using Big Cartel. Anyone have any experience or success with that?)
5. Design at least one new design per week.
6. Finish setting up my studio. (Did I tell you I got a desk?!)
7. Complete at least three blog posts per week. (I'm trying not to let this blog fall between the cracks).
8. In that same grain, I want to work on gaining more followers-- maybe up to 300!
9. Create a new packaging concept for my cards and stationery-- something that looks more professional than just a cellophane sleeve.
10. Create one treasury per week to amp up exposure.
Think I can get it done? I am so incredibly excited about this coming year! There are already some super exciting things that I've done this past week to take things a step further. I opened a separate checking account for my business only, and I registered my business name! Woohoo!
What sorts of goals have you set for your business this year?