menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Year of the House: One Step Closer...

Right now our studio/reading room is a bit messy while we work on getting rid of some things we've had in storage since we moved into our house. We're doing better than our last move. At our old apartment, we'd been there for a little over two years and had boxes that had yet to be opened. For now, we're one step closer to finishing this room as I work on transitioning my huge collection of paper, shipping supplies, and other such things into this empty half of our closet.


And see that lovely pile of crap in front of the closet. That's off to Goodwill. It feels amazing to purge the stuff that's been sitting around for a few years. In the meantime, remember this half bath project? Andrew has been diligently working away at this the whole weekend. Things seem to be going a bit more quickly today than yesterday and hopefully I'll have an update for you soon! In more important news, maybe the toilet and sink that have been sitting in our living room for the past six week will finally find themselves being reunited with their appropriate space.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi,

    Moving is hard isn't it?? We'll be moving in about a year and a half and I have a lot to throw away. Looks like you are getting organized though and doing well. Best of luck with your half bath.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! I'll be posting photos throughout the next week or two as the bath gets finished up!

      Delete
  2. I love purging, and have yet to miss anything I've given away. My husband, on the other hand, is a hoarder. Why does it always seem to work out that way/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate moving, I hate cleaning, I hate it all! But I admit it's nice when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it too, but so far everything we've done since we moved into our house has turned out beautifully! Makes it all worth it in the end! (And also helpful that Andrew is an architect so he can help make it all happen!)

      Delete
  4. Hooray for organizing the old messes! The Hubs and I moved in together 3 years ago, and there's still a pile of crap in the office closet from my old apartment. Whoops!

    I'm excited to see how the half bath looks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...