menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Woohoo!

There is not a whole lot for me to write about today, but what I do have to say is absolutely wonderful.  

I AM DONE!

Done with my fifth year of teaching. Done with students. Done with lesson planning. Done with grading papers. Done with stress. I finished packing up my room and did some last minute paper work today before getting the go ahead to leave school. So now I am officially done. Until the end of August at least. After the most difficult year I've had so far, it is hard to even explain how relieved I am that this school year is over.

So what will I do with all of my free time during the next two months?

Drink some iced coffee.
 Chillax and suntan on our new roof deck furniture and enjoy the views.
Drive out to The Badlands, Yellowstone, and The Grand Tetons.
Start a second summer of the Design a Day Challenge.

And there will be plenty of other things to add to the list. :) But for now, I'm just going to let it soak in that summer vacation is finally here.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on surviving another year of teaching. I don't think I could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!!! I am so happy that summer vacation is starting for you and know the relief that comes at the end of the year!! Those are some great plans, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I want to be a teacher too! I know it is very demanding, but I really like being with kids and teaching and I can also imagine myself getting a few months off every summer to be in the garden, spend time with family, travel a bit... mmmm :)
    Enjoy .

    ReplyDelete
  4. you deserve a summer!! but so do I ... I'm coming with you! ok, so I have to work. bummer. but I'll be drinking iced coffees with you for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you! Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO HOO! I have several teacher friends and they're all crazy excited too. I'm jealous that you guys have summers of freedom! Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! It's really one of the BEST feelings :) What a fabulous summer you have ahead! I wish I had those beautiful places within driving distance to me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo!!! That is exciting! Sorry you had a difficult year. Now you can relax and leave that behind. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...