menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Super Awesome Announcement!

I've been a little out of the loop these days. If you may have had any interaction with me in the last few days, I was probably pulling my hair out or being a major stress case. There is a reason for that, my friends. I didn't want to spill the beans until I knew without a doubt that this was for real-- until someone pinched me and told me I wasn't dreaming. I'm rather superstitious and I worry about jinxing things.

Over these past few days, I've been putting the finishing touches on a ginormous wholesale order for Urban Outfitters! Probably about a month ago, Urban Outfitters got in touch with me and wanted some samples of my cards. They decided on my most popular Father's Day card, and over the next couple weeks I got my supplies in order and started cutting, printing, scoring, folding, and packaging cards. To be honest, I'm not really sure how I got it all done considering the amount of time I couldn't work because I was teaching during the day. And to be honest, hand-scoring over a thousand cards rips your hand to shreds! (Time to reconsider how I do things if there is a next time around).


Either way, the cards will soon be making an appearance in Urban Outfitters stores across the country. Send me a little Instagram (@heidishenk) if you happen to spot one in your local store! It would totally make my day! I know I'll be stalking the two stores in the Baltimore area. One of the Baltimore stores is near Andrew's architecture firm. I think I'll be making him check in on his lunches and be my personal card stalker..... he doesn't know this yet so don't tell. ;)

I'm feeling really lucky these days. I'm incredibly thankful for all of the support that you all have given me. Many evenings, late nights, and weekends of hard work have gone into my business after I come home from an already intense teaching job. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it as far as I have without all of the support. So, thank you, thank you, and thank you!

15 comments:

  1. OMG congrats - that is so exciting!! You think they might make it out here to Oregon?? I'll go down to UO and check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I'll try to remember to stop by the UO near my office one day and look for this card. I'll definitely take a pic if/when I see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness congratulations! can't wait to snap one up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooooo! This is so exciting! There are a few Urbans near me, so I'll keep an eyeball out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so beyond excited for you and so thrilled that you are done with the order! I hope they put some in the one near us. Totally going to pick one up if I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, that is super big news! I'll be sure to be on the lookout for them at my store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe yeah!! Congrats, that's awesome. I know a couple other Etsy folks how are having some really great deals with their work like you. I hope this blossoms even to more amazing opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! How awesome and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! that's pretty amazing. i'll keep my eyes open for your product!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so great!! Congratulations!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so awesome!!! Congrats!! I just stumbled across your blog + shop and love it. So creative. As an interior designer and aspiring graphic artist I know how much hard work you probably put into all of this! Way to go!

    Kimberly
    Third Floor Design Studio

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...