menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Design a Day Challenge: Day 31 & 32

I may be a bit behind the times in posting this, but I've continued on with my Design a Day Challenge. I will post for Friday and Saturday now and hopefully be back later with something splendid for today. It has been one crazy past few days. First, on Friday, I decided that it made perfect sense to sit in 98 degree (106 degree heat index) weather for 3 hours at Oriole Park for the O's vs Angels game. To make matters worse, our closing pitcher gave up a grand slam in the top of the 9th inning making me wonder even more if even the super cheap $6 ticket I bought using my outdated student ID was even worth it.

Follow that up with Saturday spent in 102 degree (114 degree heat index) weather at a stone and masonry store trying to pick out pavers for our back yard. Andrew decided it was a good idea to keep going back and forth from one section to the next in the blazing sun for about an hour and a half-- of course at the hottest time of day at that! After our masonry adventures, in which I inevitably picked out the most expensive thing, we had planned to go order new dining room chairs. So we had to take our sweaty selves to a super classy furniture store in which the woman helping us proceeded to tell us that she was recently married. In addition, her new husband had just given her a blank check for furniture for their 3rd home (5,400 sq ft of it) in which she spent $20,000. AND that was the third blank check he had given her. Meanwhile, I had sweated my butt off at the stone store and looked a hot, sunburned mess-- she probably thought I was far from classy enough to be purchasing dining room chairs from her.

Needless to say, after all of that, I was done and didn't really feel like sitting near a heat generating computer to upload these fabulous designs:







Two totally different styles of designs, but I love them both! Hopefully that was worth having to read through my furniture lady story! Happy lazy Sunday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, I really like your new designs! I'm pretty sure I have that paper from the first one, if it's dcwv... but I just have a mat stack pad booo. Doing anything in this heat is draining... I'm sure you loved listening to that lady! Hmmmm I wonder why she married that guy....? lol

    -rwk
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I undersand where you're coming from on the topic home renovation. We STILL dont have a back porch! But after much debate on materials and desighn and hastle with permitts and other annoyances, thats about to change as of tomorrow! Too bad I wont get to see it until Friday. I'D RATHER SEE THE BEACH OUTSIDE OF MY WINDOW!!! lol:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...