menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Classroom

Where have I been? In my classroom. I spent the last two days getting relatively nothing done, or so I thought. However, these photos seem to make me think otherwise. This is how things looked on Thursday morning after spending a little bit of time on the room on Wednesday afternoon.



And this is how it looked when I left on Friday afternoon.



Sorry about the crappy phone photos. So I've gotten a lot more done than I had imagined, but still have a lot of decorating to do. Not to mention, I need to set up those desks. I'm sure there will be more photos to come.

The biggest struggle is finding enough storage space. Our middle school team has moved from the main building to our modular building. The plus side-- much more operable windows that actually allow full sunlight to come through, walls that you can staple things to instead of concrete block walls, and our own thermostats so you can control the heat and cooling in your room. The down side-- no cabinets and a downgrade in the size of my room. I spent yesterday afternoon running to Target to buy two more book shelves and then putting them together. I'll probably have to buy another one yet when all is said and done.

I'm slowly getting into the school frame of mind. Our week of professional development starts on Monday, but I'll be enjoying these last two summer days. Today we head to the Hot August Blue & Roots Festival. A perfect way to end the summer!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the reading area set up, it looks very inviting. Losing storage is a set back, but I know you'll figure out how to accommodate everything :)

    -rachel w k

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reading area is my favorite! This is my first year teaching and I have so many ideas for my room but so little resources and money right now. Your room is an inspiration to me! Mine is currently stark white with an insane asylum feel to it (no windows at all, yuck!). Keep the pictures coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remember this! I took me at least 2 weeks (without pay) to set up my kindergarten classroom. Those chairs in your reading area look so comfy! Enjoy your end of summer concert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley-- I totally know the feeling! I remember my first year and my room was practically empty. I didn't even have money to buy punch out letters for my bulletin boards so I cut them out of construction paper until my principal finally bought me some because she felt bad!

    Liz-- So frustrating to have to set up without pay! Plus it cuts the summer short!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...