menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Thursday, April 12, 2012

In Macro

The most exciting part of my week so far was Tuesday when a package arrived for me at school. When our secretary called into my classroom letting me know that I had a package, I literally squealed. My macro lens! Woohoo! I had ordered it during spring break and it had just arrived!

After I wrapped things up at school, I headed home to mess around with my new toy. Here are a few shots that I took just for fun.


I am loving this lens! It takes absolutely beautiful close-ups! Next on my wish list is a wide angle lens. I know exactly which one I would like, but need to save just a bit more before I can order it. We're planning a road trip out West to Yellowstone, The Badlands, and Grand Teton National Parks. Each of these parks have amazing photo opportunities and I'm hoping to get a wide angle to maximize some of my shots this time around.

Any new toys for you lately? Are you saving up for something for one of your hobbies?

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful images. Have fun with your new lens.I love getting new lenses! It has been a while since I have purchased a new one! My next one will be a wide angle lens. My newest "toy" was right before Christmas. I bought a heavy duty rotary flex shaft & jumpring making kit for my chainmaille. Very nice set up well worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful shots! What kind of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too want to know what kind of camera you have! Yay for your new lens. I'm jealous! Those photos are gorgeous!!! I need a new camera...
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com
    Visiting today from Blogging Buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOA. Those are so crisp! The one of your kitty is especially good.

    I don't have any new toys, unless you count the new materials for a line of bracelets I plan to order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love these! I need a lens like that! Do you mind if I asked how much it was? and what kind it was and everything? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all. I bought this lens-- http://www.adorama.com/TN100PNKAF.html

      The only downfall was that they sent me manual focus only lens when it was supposed to have a function switch for manual or auto focus. I usually shoot with manual focus, so it's not a big deal, but still debating on whether or not to exchange it. I don't know if this is a problem in general for others purchasing this lens, so I just wanted to give you a heads up! :)

      Delete
  6. These photos are great! I need a macro lens, been on my wishlist for forever. Nice to see that you can get such good results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, macro lens will change your life! You wrote this months ago, so I am sure it already has. When I bought mine a few years ago, I took pictures of EV.ER.Y.THING in sight. My "photographer's eye" sees in macro, generally, so I love mine. Do you have more posted anywhere???

    xoxo,
    Gayle | Grace for Gayle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...