menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Monday, April 2, 2012

Stay-cation

Last year at this time, I was in sunny Florida, enjoying the beach after a near miss with a tornado, and sipping on a pina colada on the balcony of the condo we had rented.

Unfortunately, this year has not worked out to be the same. It is Spring Break yet again, and I am in my house in Baltimore. Andrew has a deadline on Friday at work and will most likely be working long nights this week to get the blueprints done. Sadly, I probably won't even be able to spend some relaxing time with him in the evenings.

So now I'm back at square one. What do I do to make this still feel like Spring Break despite being on my own for the entirety of the week? I'll most certainly be thinking of a few things to do to pass the time and make this feel like an official vacation.

What would you do if you had an entire week off with no agenda, and you weren't traveling anywhere? I'm curious to know what you would do. I have a few ideas in mind so I'll be sharing my stay-cation with you as the week goes by.

6 comments:

  1. Let's see: wake up only when ready, read uninterrupted (until the cat comes cuddling), pretend you're a tourist in your home town (any good shows at the art museums?), bring out the gueeetar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm home on my own this week too. I'm hoping to repaint a bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Head up to that rooftop of yours! Try some new recipes, take a class at a craft store, have cocktail hour on the week nights, organize your closet & accessories, nap, read a book series. Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are so many local museums, that are free, like 4 blocks away, and i just never visit them. i would probably do that. and also visit that super fancy restaurant for kicks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh what a great opportunity! I'd love a stay-cation. Or a vacation-I'm not picky. I'd also sleep in and read and probably do a lot of blogging, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just do what I've been doing- Eat, Sleep, Cook, Clean, Read a good book and plan absolutely nothing- do everything on a whim:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...