menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Monday, April 2, 2012

Santa Fe Black Bean Salad

For those of you that missed me the last few days, I am officially back! I took a quick trip up to New Jersey and New York City to visit a friend and attend a bridal shower of another friend. I had promised that later last week I would share the recipe to my black bean salad that so many of you requested. Obviously, I failed tremendously at getting it posted later that week. A busy week leading up to Spring Break plus our quick trip all led to me having no time. So what better way to get back to my blog than to finally share this recipe you've all been waiting for. And I can also now officially say that I'm on Spring Break for the entire week! Woohoo!



Santa Fe Black Bean Salad

2 15 ounce cans of back beans, drained
2 cups whole kernel corn
1 small onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp salt
1 avocado, diced
1 tomato, diced

Combine and toss ingredients, adding avocado and tomato right before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.

This is one of the most simple, yet flavorful recipes that I've made. I absolutely love making this when we have barbeques or backyard parties in the summer. It is perfect for a quick snack as well. The flavors really set in even more so by the second day, so I often quickly make it the night before I plan on eating it.

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Sounds so yummy! And I definitely love salads that are so full of protein.

    www.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what we pretty much survive on all spring and summer long at my house! Yay for warm weather and salads!

    xoKaty
    FarFlungCards.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks sooo good! such a great black bean recipe for warmer weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks. glad i came back and found it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...